Sunday, February 5, 2017
The children pictured above are: Isaac, age 15 - Hope, age 15 - Noah, almost 13 - Phoebe, age 10 - and Lydia, age 9. These five kids are in 4 different grades. They are in need of an experienced and fun teacher for the fall of 2017.
Emotionally stable people in good physical health will do best in Haiti.
• Teaching degree/certificate
• Minimum one year prior teaching experience - Minimum age 25
• Provide references (personal, professional, spiritual) and demonstrate maturity - submit to a background check
• Flexibility and a sense of humor to deal with less than ideal circumstances such as: heat, bugs, no hot water or no water at all, no air-conditioning, funky tropical illness, lack of electricity, political instability, limited entertainment options, etc., etc.
• Must be a self-starter
• Ability to commit to the one school year - August 2017 through second week of June 2018. (Three weeks off at Christmas - one week at Spring Break)
Minimum commitment is ten months.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and Resume to Troy/Tara Liveay at:
A salary commensurate with experience will be paid. Some past teachers have also done fundraising to supplement the salary we paid. Compensation also includes a small furnished apartment.
Ideal situation: A couple that can work/teach/live together - Or one single applicant.
Apartment that is provided is large enough for two people.