(Suggested reading, after watching.)
A WATCHING GUIDE for Tenth Annual Christmas Extravaganza:
- The Bethlehem Birth Center - Perhaps you've not heard of it? History is a bit sketchy due to poor record keeping & storage methods, but most trustworthy sources and historians list it as an established birth center sometime between 7 BC. and 3 BC - right next door to a stable and an Inn (sold out).
- Mary and her Midwives knew the importance of laboring in several positions.
- SROM = Spontaneous Rupture of Membranes - A fluid-filled bag called the amniotic sac surrounds and protects the fetus. When a hole or tear forms in the sac, it's called a rupture of the membranes. Most women describe this by saying their "water broke." Membranes can break by themselves. This is called a spontaneous rupture of the membranes - as declared by Midwife, Lydia. It most often happens after active labor has started.
- Delayed Cord Clamping was requested because Mary did her research and knew it improved neonatal outcomes; Mary did not want Jesus dealing with iron deficiency anemia in his early months/years of life.
- Baby Jesus was expertly played by Jamesly Bellevue, born 11/12/16 at the Heartline Maternity Center in Port au Prince, Haiti - In an effort to keep things authentic, he pooped all over Hope during the filming of his (second/fake) birth.
- Song written by Amy Grant & Chris Eaton, 1992 - Sung by Hope Livesay
- (Unpaid) animal guest appearances by donkeys, Yolanda and Ella & and some sheep. Our thanks for your uncooperative participation.
- To watch this on YouTube: https://youtu.be/XPEetDNqcpE
We thank each of you that read, support, pray, give, and/or follow along with the daily work happening at Heartline Ministries in Haiti. Please receive our humble gratitude and love this holiday season.
T & T
Isaac, Hope, Noah, Phoebe, Lydia