EDIT - See bottom (in red) for further information.
Every spring, same thing, then, more
same thing. Broken record.
If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result, we think it has been proven we are suffering from a severe case of insanity.
This June there are eleven babies due and a lot more going on
at Heartline Ministries. This will mean irritable parents on the very best of days. It is bound to be a perfect storm of sorts.We realize these five lards need a little direction and structure. (Their regular school year ends mid-May.)
Hear this now.
For summer 2013 we are trying something different. PLEASE share with your favorite brilliant and adventurous teacher-friends!
- Summer school teacher position available in Haiti (school and lots of play/fun)
- June 1 to July 15 - five days a week - 6ish to 7ish hours a day (as close to these dates as possible)
- Five kids - ages 11, 11, 9, 6, 5 ... no Paige :(
- Requirements: some sort of teaching experience, energetic, flexible, creative, and fun
- Serious inquiries with references only, please.
- Small salary plus free housing
- Prefer 22 years of age and older - open to married couple or singles - no*kids please
- (*yes, yes, we see the hypocrisy and irony of that)
If interested please email: email@example.com by March 15 - will contact all applicants by March 20, 2013.
The more we have thought about this the more we think a young married couple is ideal. Our concern for singles is that the job is only 5 days a week for 7 hours a day. There will be a lot of down time meaning it could be lonely or boring or both. We're thinking two people will enjoy the free time to get involved elsewhere and be adventurous together.
If you are interested in hearing more, please email us and we'll send the details.
The ideal candidates have: experienced life with faulty infrastructure - LOVE heat ... like really, really love it - enjoy sweating and damp or soaking undergarments - like talkative kids with multiple interests and unique personalities - and are self-starters.