Today we celebrate the 400 ++ babies (and their amazing mothers) that have been born at the Heartline Maternity Center safely.
If you want to help women in Haiti deliver safely, please DONATE here.
More than anything, we need partners that will give $20, $30, $50 a month to help us with monthly operating costs. Please consider joining the effort to help Mothers deliver safely while we reduce orphans in Haiti, by supporting us financially.
Key midwifery concepts that define the unique role of midwives:
- partnership with women to promote self-care and the health of mothers, infants, and families;
- respect for human dignity and for women as persons with full human rights;
- advocacy for women so that their voices are heard;
- cultural sensitivity, including working with women and health care providers to overcome those cultural practices that harm women and babies;
- a focus on health promotion and disease prevention that views pregnancy as a normal life event.