|"I've only seen caution tape in movies! Never in real life!"|
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
Tuesday makes two weeks since we flew away from Port au Prince. In the short two week period we have done an insane amount exciting things. Taking kids (and the parents of said kids) that don't do more than one exciting thing per month and putting them into non-stop excitement mode, has proven to be a little bit much at times.
We already had the thought that we don't get the the kids out and into stores and large public gathering-places often enough in Port au Prince; these two weeks have proven that thought soooo.very.true.
So far we have:
- flown in airplanes (visited many airport restrooms, leaving our mark in some)
- gone out to eat at restaurants
- been at a huge birthday party
- spoken at our church and reunited with friends there
- gone to a baseball game
- gone boating and skiing and tubing
- saw ALL 6 of our cousins and all 4 of the grandparents
- gone fishing
- gone to a musical (Isaac even got a part in it!)
- gone to a park
- gone to a huge store
|Lydia's first fish|
|cousins and boats|
|headed to our first musical|
|Isaac in Joseph|
Choice is the American way. Bless it all. To me though, it overwhelms. "Choose for me" are the three most uttered words these days. Hamburger, Cheeseburger, BaconCheeseburger, BlueBurger, Pretzel bun burger, double burger, triple burger ... Fries, steak-fries, spicy fries, cheese fries, hash browns, baked potato, mashed, smashed, organic ... And on and on it goes. For the love. I just wanted a little lunch; instead I'm in fetal position on this dirty restaurant floor.
Somebody needs to be competent - and it may as well be me.