- Our family returns together to Haiti on January 1 after many months away completing Phoebe's adoption. (Thanks to the amazing help of one Joanna T!)
- The Harbor House is officially named, replacing the ever so creative name "House for teen moms".
- The 1st anniversary of the earthquake - a day to grieve and remember together
|January 12, 2011|
- Enisse (15) gives birth to Sophia (Harbor House)
- 52 year old Lucille gives birth
- Paige meets and translates for Miley Cyrus (that was different!)
- Leoni tries to drown in our pool, then things got weird
|Enisse & Sophia|
|Lucille & Sarah|
- Paige gets rid of her braces, Paige deals with MRSA
- Fedline gives birth to Michlanda, a week later she moved into the Harbor House
- Sundays - I have to believe
- Joanne gives birth to Ricardo, moves into the Harbor House
- Djennie and Kenny moved out, we grieved that difficult decision
- Cried over and fought for Dalonne and Job
- Found amazing teachers for our kids
- A challenge was offered - YOU quickly helped us raise 15K for the Harbor House.
- Paige went to prom
- Britt visited for Mother's Day
|Paige & Kevin|
|Mother's Day 2011|
- Leoni delivers Judler. (Harbor House)
- The Things We've Handed Down
- Hazelnut joins the family (doubling the poop in the yard)
- June was the month three babies died (one after being born, two in utero) there was lots of heaviness in June
|Paige & Julia|
- Paige's best friend from MN visits
- Favorite anonymous comment in history
- Moving toward Midwifery/Weirdwifery
- Telling stories in Haiti
- Moses is found near Heartline gate
- Imagine if you will - a post about AIDS, injustice and reality in Haiti - this young woman is very ill right now and will probably not live through 2012
- Crazy Haiti day ... and rat part one
- End of the rat saga
|Troy, Aaron, Harold - Bromance triangle|
- Troy's friends surprise him with a new guitar and a visit.
- First day of school at Heartline Academy
|Jimmy & Becky and their students|
- Bill Clinton (favorite photo of 2011) and one crazy day
- Three Harbor House babies (Ashline, Bianca, Fiola) born - two on the same day
- Moses moves hearts
|Mama E. laboring w/ Cookie, Beth, Heather|
- Counting the cost
- Harbor House baby dedication
|Dedication day for Harbor House babies|
- Christmas video
- Year end stats - amazing grace!
- Road trip madness
|Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic|
|standing IN the ocean listening for the ocean in a seashell|
Going through the year in photos and stories reminded us of how faithful God is. To see it all in black and white and look back on the ways He sustained and provided is both beautiful and humbling. 2011 was one of the best years we've ever had in Haiti. We're so grateful for the ways God has allowed us to grow and for so much evidence of His love and mercy at work.
Multiple stories and people touched our lives, challenged us, changed us this year.
What story or person moved you in some way? We'd love to know.
With gratitude to God for the year that was and best wishes for a Happy New Year!
t & t & tribe