- Our family returns together to Haiti on January 1 after many months away completing Phoebe's adoption. (Thanks to the amazing help of one Joanna T!)
- The Harbor House is officially named, replacing the ever so creative name "House for teen moms".
- The 1st anniversary of the earthquake - a day to grieve and remember together
|January 12, 2011|
- Enisse (15) gives birth to Sophia (Harbor House)
- 52 year old Lucille gives birth
- Paige meets and translates for Miley Cyrus (that was different!)
- Leoni tries to drown in our pool, then things got weird
|Enisse & Sophia|
|Lucille & Sarah|
- Leoni delivers Judler. (Harbor House)
- The Things We've Handed Down
- Hazelnut joins the family (doubling the poop in the yard)
- June was the month three babies died (one after being born, two in utero) there was lots of heaviness in June
|Paige & Julia|
- Paige's best friend from MN visits
- Favorite anonymous comment in history
- Moving toward Midwifery/Weirdwifery
- Telling stories in Haiti
|Troy, Aaron, Harold - Bromance triangle|
|Jimmy & Becky and their students|
- Bill Clinton (favorite photo of 2011) and one crazy day
- Three Harbor House babies (Ashline, Bianca, Fiola) born - two on the same day
- Moses moves hearts
|Mama E. laboring w/ Cookie, Beth, Heather|
|Dedication day for Harbor House babies|
|Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic|
|standing IN the ocean listening for the ocean in a seashell|
Going through the year in photos and stories reminded us of how faithful God is. To see it all in black and white and look back on the ways He sustained and provided is both beautiful and humbling. 2011 was one of the best years we've ever had in Haiti. We're so grateful for the ways God has allowed us to grow and for so much evidence of His love and mercy at work.
Multiple stories and people touched our lives, challenged us, changed us this year.
What story or person moved you in some way? We'd love to know.
With gratitude to God for the year that was and best wishes for a Happy New Year!
t & t & tribe