The "Sewing Ladies" as we affectionately call them are all hard working ladies wanting to earn an income and provide for their families. No one feels good receiving hand-outs. All of these ladies want to earn their income and feel the dignity that comes with earning.
There are five ways you can support their desire to provide for themselves and their families ...
- Shop here at Haitian Creations on-line store.
- Spread the word about Haitian Creations.com to friends and family and coworkers.
- Host a "Purse Party" at your home and share the work of these ladies and the larger work of Heartline Ministries. Your advocacy for these women makes a tremendous difference!
- When in Haiti stop by one of the two stores selling these products. Buy!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a code ~ Add a button to your blog to promote through social media.
In other news ...
Yesterday Sterline, one of the sewing ladies, gave birth to a healthy baby girl.
(Last two photos - Jonna Howard )
The Heartline Women's Program consists of these branches:
-Jewelry making classes-
-Contract sewing of products for website-
-Labor and Delivery-
-Early Childhood Development Class-